Welcome to my world!!!!

I enjoy sharing my thoughts with the world. Even though some of the content is based in Atlanta i will include some FABULOUS things that all singles can relate to. ENJOY

About Me

My photo
Atlanta/ Huntsville, Georgia/Alabama, United States
Sometimes I don't know what to right so I just write what I know...

Saturday, November 15, 2008

WHEN THE BIG CITY EATS YOU ALIVE

Atlanta..... Since I was young I've always wanted to live here. I used to tell my mom that when I grow up I want to live under the big Ferris wheel(six flags) lol . I've been alot of places because my father was in the military. I moved here in 2005. I had a great job that love I had a apartment in a nice area and I met friends pretty quickly. I was dating and hanging out , dinner movies the whole nine. I spent money like crazy, new clothes , going out , and just general living. I've never had any regrets about the choices I've made in my life but when i look at the way I changed when I got here I doubt my decisions. I really feel like I was engulfed by this city.. My parents weren't happy about me moving here but I did it anyway . Did they know something about me that I didn't . Should I have listened to there warning. Growing up many things were taken care of for me that I never had to worry about, paying bills, doing laundry, even just making well thought out life choices. I did really crazy things like spend my money to go out to one of the many parties that bombarded my email on a daily basis instead of doing adult things like pay bills. I saw it all , I saw girls lose themselves to become the it girls who dated the hottest guys had a nice car and was invited to every party with V.I.P. status .I was one of them. Yes i regret not focusing on the task at hand and if I can change the way the city began to eat me alive I would do sooooooo many things differently. I can say at this point while i sit here to blog about this I have definitely changed. I look at how I was influenced by city life I was never in the lime light or on of the popular girl , but that was all by choice. Atlanta has many great qualities. It's a very progressive city and has lots to offer. I came here at a time when I thought that I knew myself but I realize I didn't know my adult self. I let the city make my decisions for me .I didn't trust how smart I was and let men and so called friends develop my life style for me. So here goes my warning , if you reading this blog and you are making a decision to move here make sure you have a plan . A successful plan that help you deal with all the inconsistencies in life . Make sure to keep your family really close to you . They will keep you on level ground and surround yourself with friends that have your back no matter what( thanks SHALONDA) .Lastly keep God in your life or whatever you believe in to keep your spirit in tack. I love this city but I have to let her go for a bit. I don't want to say goodbye so I'll say see you later.
thanks for listening.

No comments: