Welcome to my world!!!!

I enjoy sharing my thoughts with the world. Even though some of the content is based in Atlanta i will include some FABULOUS things that all singles can relate to. ENJOY

About Me

My photo
Atlanta/ Huntsville, Georgia/Alabama, United States
Sometimes I don't know what to right so I just write what I know...

Sunday, November 2, 2008

WHAT'S FOR DINNER.


OK so one of my favorite things to do is entertain. I like to cook but i don't because fast food is so easy. Well because I'm on this new diet I'm starting to cook a little more. I tried out this great new recipe that I got from Martha Stewart.com. I really didn't think it would be that good but, YUMMY!!!!!! Here goes.......


Ingredients
Serves 6
1 pound linguine
1 pound turkey sausage, casings removed
6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
4 yellow (or red) bell peppers, thinly sliced
4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons arugula, torn
Coarse salt and ground pepper, for seasoning





Directions
1.Cook linguine. Drain, reserving 1 1/2 cups pasta water; return pasta to pot.


2. Meanwhile, cook sausage and 2 tablespoons water in a large covered nonstick skillet over medium until fat renders, 5 minutes. Uncover; raise heat to medium-high. Brown sausage, breaking it up with a spoon, 7 minutes.


3.Add garlic, bell peppers, and 1/4 cup reserved pasta water; cook until peppers soften, 6 minutes. Add 3/4 cup pasta water and butter; swirl to combine.


4.Transfer to pot. Add arugula; season with salt and pepper. Toss; add more pasta water as desired. Serve.


The recipe was very easy I just changed a few things . Instead of adding the arugula i made a spinach and Roma tomato salad. Also instead of fresh garlic I used canned because i already had some and finally I didn't used course salt and pepper i just used table salt and pepper. Add your favorite bottle of wine great convo and a old movie and you have a cool dinner party that only cost you 20 bucks tops


No comments: