Welcome to my world!!!!

I enjoy sharing my thoughts with the world. Even though some of the content is based in Atlanta i will include some FABULOUS things that all singles can relate to. ENJOY

About Me

My photo
Atlanta/ Huntsville, Georgia/Alabama, United States
Sometimes I don't know what to right so I just write what I know...

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

PARTY TIME!!!

As I've said before ,i love love love to entertain, and since I don't live close to my family to celebrate during the holiday's I tend to have a simple intimate get together with all of my close friend.( THAT'S REALLY NOT ALOT OF PEOPLE)lol. Last year I cooked a big dinner and had about 6 guest over. It was hard work. I did most of the cooking and between working and all that jazz I forgot some very key elements to the party ( entertainment , wine, and dessert)ouch. Well this year I've decided to keep it simple. Here goes my fool proof plan to pull off a great party without all the DRAMA.
1) My first task is to get invitations out . My apt only fits about 8 people comfortably. Phone calls and text messages were cool but it not very personal. This year I have all of my guests email addresses so I'm sending out evites . I found this email that allows me to send free invitations. Some of my options are to send an ecard with a personalized video, picture or just the date. time ,location option. Cost= 0$

2) Figure out your specifics. Menu, beverages, entertainment,and decorations. I decided not to do the traditional Thanksgiving dinner. I decided on a lighter option.
Veggie platter
Pizza Pinwheels
Pasta salad
Cheese balls with different cracker options.
Deviled eggs
Meatball sliders
Homemade cookies and Brownies.
Easy enough, this should all cost between 50-75 dollars . This is the heaviest part of my preparation and the most important. You could probably cut the cost if you shop smart and use you single girl coupons.
As far a beverages go you can do one of two things . have a signature drink , somthing that's easy to make like Sangria or make up something special. Or you can make it BYOB , have your guest bring their favorite bottle of wine. The Sangria will cost about 15 dollars to make. BYOB =0$


3) Entertainment is not that hard. First of all invite the friends that you know have great convo. Make sure your have a great personality mix. My friends and I love music , movies and games. You can do all three is you designate a time for each. Have music playing with an up beat playlist as guest are coming in and eating people usually have alot to talk about when they first get there. After dinner have a few games. I found some great party games online or you can definitely break out the UNO or pictunary. I went to my local Salvation Army and Goodwill and found games for the cheap and all the pieces were there. COST 1-5 dollars. Lastly throw on a movie usually by this time guest could possibly be in a munchie mood and you probably have some party stragglers pop in a bag of popcorn and serve your guest tea or coffee.

4) decorations : I know everyone has a dollar store and a target in your area. You can be so creative with just a little bit. Target has a 1 dollar section with tons of festive goodies and great ideas for goody bags at the end or the night. This year I found little martini shakers in various colors .I'm filling those with a mini bottle of liquor and my favorite candy. HERSHEY KISSES.
Alot can be accomplished with a little prepartion and keeping you eye open . If you find some good things on sale because you can always use those for next year. Remember, get a friends help, have a FABULOUS outfit no matter the cost and, KISS( keep it simple sexy.
HAVE FUN!!
WHAT ARE YOUR PARTY PLANS THIS YEAR. AND HOW DO YOU SAVE TIME AND MONEY TO THROW A GREAT PARTY . COMMENT !!

No comments: