Welcome to my world!!!!

I enjoy sharing my thoughts with the world. Even though some of the content is based in Atlanta i will include some FABULOUS things that all singles can relate to. ENJOY

About Me

My photo
Atlanta/ Huntsville, Georgia/Alabama, United States
Sometimes I don't know what to right so I just write what I know...

Thursday, November 13, 2008

RECIPE OF THE DAY!!!!!



OMG,I soooo gonna try this tomorrow. Of course for budget sake I'm gonna tweak it.



Ingredients
Serves 4
3 tablespoons vegetable oil, such as safflower (O.K. so I'm not using that vegetable oil will work fine)
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 red bell peppers (ribs and seeds removed), chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped (Once again canned garlic)
1 teaspoon dried oregano ( UMMM I'm sure the stuff in the shaker will work wonders i found some for .99 ant cvs)
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut okra
8 ounces smoked (precooked) andouille sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced 1 inch thick
1 rotisserie chicken (about 2 1/2 pounds), skin and bones removed, meat shredded (about 4 cups) ( you can grab and already rotisserie chicken at walmart)
Store-bought or homemade cornbread, for serving (optional) ( JIFFY MIX YUMMO)

Directions
In a 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot, heat oil over medium. Add flour, and cook, whisking constantly, until pale golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in bell peppers, onion, garlic, and oregano; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
Add 4 cups water; stir in okra and sausage. Bring to a boil. Stir in shredded chicken, and warm through, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; if desired, serve with cornbread.

No comments: