Welcome to my world!!!!

I enjoy sharing my thoughts with the world. Even though some of the content is based in Atlanta i will include some FABULOUS things that all singles can relate to. ENJOY

About Me

My photo
Atlanta/ Huntsville, Georgia/Alabama, United States
Sometimes I don't know what to right so I just write what I know...

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I FOUND A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH!!!


Today I had to do a favor for a friend. I ended up in BANKHEAD of all places. I was extremely hungry and not knowing the area I got in my car and drove.....and drove .....and drove...... I ended up at this place called SOULE'. I didn't know what it was but I was sooooo hungry I had to stop to grab a bite. Parked , went in , and I was welcomed by a man sitting behind the bar. (OK ROSILEN NO DRINKING BEFORE 5) Anyway. After looking over their menu and the lunch special ,I decided on the tilapia with two sides,macaroni and cheese and squash YUMMO. Mr. Ross, I later found was the owner ,manager, and head chef, a man of many hats I like that. he chatted with me for a bit let me sample some of his side items even the special for the day . I was in hog heaven. Being a girl with roots in the south and Soul FoOd is definitely at the top of my list of favorite food styles. I had a great meal cause I went straight to sleep after. Another absolutely FABULOUS thing about this place and something that is definitely blog worthy is that they give back to the community . At least once a month they have free meals for the homeless, clothing drives during the holidays and gather the local businesses to give back as well . I over heard him talking to some local barber shops about giving free hair cuts to the homeless. HOW AWESOME.....!!! I love when people use their talents for good and Mr. Ross does just that. He left me with a great quote " We do this to get crime off the streets , If we don't help our community who will." LOVE it.... I will always eat at this place . I have to help those who help others. Click on the link to check it out.http://www.souleatl.com/ I know it's a bit of a stretch to get there but totally worth it.

No comments: