Welcome to my world!!!!

I enjoy sharing my thoughts with the world. Even though some of the content is based in Atlanta i will include some FABULOUS things that all singles can relate to. ENJOY

About Me

My photo
Atlanta/ Huntsville, Georgia/Alabama, United States
Sometimes I don't know what to right so I just write what I know...

Saturday, November 22, 2008

RECIPE OF THE DAY!!!


I absolutely love pasta . I've found a great recipe on my favorite website marthastewart.com that I will be making tonight .I think I will have may friends join me for this one. The great thing about pasta is you can have most if not all of the basic food groups in it. Because of my new diet ( NO NOT TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT) I have to eat as healthy as possible. This recipe only take 20 min to whip up so here goes.
Ingredients
Serves 4
Salt and pepper
12 ounces fettuccine pasta ( The ounces are on the package)
1 cup reserved Lemon Sauce, see Roasted Chicken with Lemon Sauce
1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed (Cost $2)
1 reserved cooked chicken half, from Roasted Chicken recipe above, skin removed, meat shredded (1 1/2 cups) ( You can get this at any food stores deli)
1 tablespoon cold butter
1/3 cup grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish, if desired


Directions
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook fettuccine until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain; set aside.
Add lemon sauce to pot. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Add peas and chicken; cook until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in butter until incorporated.
Remove from heat. Add pasta and cheese; season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Garnish with more cheese, if desired.


Grab a package of salad while you are out and french bread and you are all set . this meal should only cost about 10-12 dollars depending on where you food shop.


The cost of 4 friends eating out would cost about 76 dollars . That's a 12 dollar entree and 1 drink. When you add in gas to get there, tip for the server and parking in most cases the cost can escalate to about 90 dollars and that's just being cheap. If your friends have different taste you can have other meat or pasta options. For example shrimp at the grocery store cost about 7 dollars for 100 shrimp and you can grab a jar of Alfredo, Parmesan sauce or pesto to capture those different taste buds. So there you go have a pasta dinner before you go out on the town and you can save loads of cash . You won't feel guilty when you get your bar tab later.
Oh before I forget here goes the Lemon sauce recipe
Ingredients
Makes approximately 3 1/4 cups
2 cups fresh lemon juice
1 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and pepper, to taste
Directions
Place all ingredients in a large bowl, and whisk together until well blended. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to use. Whisk or shake vigorously just before use.

No comments: