Welcome to my world!!!!

I enjoy sharing my thoughts with the world. Even though some of the content is based in Atlanta i will include some FABULOUS things that all singles can relate to. ENJOY

About Me

My photo
Atlanta/ Huntsville, Georgia/Alabama, United States
Sometimes I don't know what to right so I just write what I know...

Friday, November 14, 2008

MAKING YOUR SMALL SPACE WORK.

I have a tiny apt. It's a one bedroom converted basement with a separate entrance in the heart of Grant Park. I absolute love it,even though the house is old and I have a slumlord. I have alot of things, OK mostly clothes and such but it can tend to get kind of cramped. So I went on a mission I wanted to scale down my space to that i would have a lovely interesting place with lots of interesting things. I took on this task at hand on a Saturday. Oswald had a friend in town for the weekend and I knew that I wanted to have them over for dinner. I took on the hardest part of the apt MY BEDROOM . I had clothes everywhere. My first tip to simplify you small space is 1) start with the hardest thing and then move to the easiest. I went through my closet and went ape shit . I threw out so many clothes I scaled my closet down to like half I bagged them up and took it all to the salvation army. ( I GIVE AND GIVE). So i got the bed room finished closet...check....fresh sheets......check.......vacuum check..... accesories, ohhhh no to much. Surprise, on my way out I stopped by the Ikea and grabbed some cute containers and push pins . I put the earrings and bracelets in the container and pinned the necklaces to the wall. FAB. These were only 1.99 at ikea.com



Next, I move to my kitchen. After the general scrub I pulled out something else i found at Ikea. I get these emails from MarthaStewart.com and they have some great organization ideas . I have a set of glasses for every type of dring you can name . Most glasses aren't stakable but I grabbed this tray to make more room.









This is what it looks like...



Another tip of mine when it comes to working out hat small space of your , 2) it's the 3 S's , STORAGE , SHELVING, STACKING. One really great idea I pickes up has to do with all of my grocery bags. I usually carry my own bag when I picking up small things at the grocery store but if I'm doing some major grocery shopping I welcome the bags. I have a tissue box cover that i stuff all the bags in. I have a dog so I don't like to buy those expensive doggy pickup bags. I have totally conquered the small space woes. KEEP IT SIMPLE SEXY (kiss).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your ideas for the small spaces - I pin my necklaces to the wall too! Only I use a key rack but I love the push pin idea too. I like the idea of using the clear jar as well so you can see everything you've got and then actually make use of them!