Welcome to my world!!!!

I enjoy sharing my thoughts with the world. Even though some of the content is based in Atlanta i will include some FABULOUS things that all singles can relate to. ENJOY

About Me

My photo
Atlanta/ Huntsville, Georgia/Alabama, United States
Sometimes I don't know what to right so I just write what I know...

Saturday, November 22, 2008

GREAT NEW WEBSITE... and article...

I've found an awesome new website today.... Here's what happened , I was laying in bed reading December COSMO and I cam across an article, 5 Health Issues that Hit Young Women. Hallie Levine Sklar the author writes, As a group, young women are generally healthy. That's good but there is a downside ..... According to medical experts , Cosmo spoke to young women these days are becoming lax about their health and taking potential dangerous risks.... The article reads on to explain what they mean.... When I first saw the article I immediately thought that they were going to talk about cancer, diabetes, and obesity but, no . Here's the run down of the top 5
Intense crippling Stress
Out -of Whack eating habits
Birth Control laziness
Near Epidemic STD rates
Depression.
The article is great and I would advise you to pick up a copy but there were 1 or 2 things that stood out to me the most. Intense Crippling Stress and out of whack eating habits.....

Out of whack eating habits , the article spoke of a new kind of eating disorder called disordered eating. It goes to say , some disordered eaters cut entire food groups out of their diet. The article gives an example or a typical 20-30 some things diet and calorie intake.
Breakfast: 2 lattes and a bagel with cream cheese 660 calories
Lunch : grilled chicken salad with dressing 350 calories
Dinner: 3 Cosmos and a bowl of cocktail nuts
Total calories 1890 WOW. A young women should take in about 1800 calories but not this way....
Most of the time we as young women don't make time to eat and that in my opinion can be caused by the other health issue among young women. Crippling Stress.
Here's my solution to this, Sometimes you can't help how demanding you job can be . Have an outlet (mine is blogging lol) , make time for you friends , walk you dog or take 20 min. to play with it. Whatever makes you happy. If you find you don't have time to grab a bite to eat during you work week , number 1 wake up an extra 30 min to have breakfast. I have a power breakfast that I live by. 2 hardboiled eggs, half an apple, and a mini whole grain bagel with cream cheese. At work keep in you desk a tin of nuts , cheese, or fruit that you can snack on if you miss you lunch or up until you lunch then you won't have an excuse. When your off work pass by all fast food restaurants they can grab you pockets even if they do have a healthy menu. Get your girl friends involved , cook for each other once or twice a week or plan your meals before you grocery shop. This will decrease you spending by leap and bound so you'll have time for 1 Cosmo on Saturday night.....lol
Thanks for listening.
Oh here goes the website I found. tiphero.com there was an article called 20 healthy food under $1....

No comments: