Welcome to my world!!!!

I enjoy sharing my thoughts with the world. Even though some of the content is based in Atlanta i will include some FABULOUS things that all singles can relate to. ENJOY

About Me

My photo
Atlanta/ Huntsville, Georgia/Alabama, United States
Sometimes I don't know what to right so I just write what I know...

Monday, December 1, 2008

PRETTY WOMAN!!!!

OK so in my quest to be as absolutely girlie as possible I look for ways to pretty up my space. I like girlie things but sometimes I fell like the effort is sooooo not worth it. I've blogged about ways to make your space work for you but, I don't think this particular blog will fit into that category. ANYWAY ....... I've found a very pretty way to display and organize my jewelry . I think you will love it.

Untangle those necklaces. Keep those earrings together. Arrange your costume jewelry on a velvet background in a pretty new or antique picture frame with these instructions ( I found some great old looking picture frames and thrift stores)

Jewelry Portrait How-To
1. Have a lumberyard cut a 1-inch-thick piece of Homasote to fit the frame. Cut a piece of cotton velvet 2 inches larger all around. ( Instead of Homasote, I used cork board)

2. Center the Homasote over the velvet, plush side out. Wrap one side of the velvet over the Homasote; secure with a staple gun, 1 inch from the edge. Repeat for remaining sides, and insert into frame. ( i thought about using felt instead of velvet, but the velvet looked much more pretty)

3. Lay out bracelets and necklaces on the velvet; one by one, push hooks into position. Homasote is soft, so earrings can be pushed directly into the velvet.

LOVE IT!!!!

1 comment:

*Diane* said...

I love this!!! This is going to by my diy for the weekend!